Book Fair, which is usually held in the hottest days of a year, is our annual sweaty routine (and often ended up with “broken” arms and legs). Generally the books are not sold at super low prices (just want to give you a heads-up if you have expected that) especially for those big book store chains. There are some though, but it might take you quite some time to dig them out.
Always on my target lists are the books I have been wanting and are with a discount more than 50% (because I can easily get discounted books from bookdepostiory.com), and the mainland version of certain Japanese comics but this year I was also looking for something more – stationery / planner supplies.
매년 꼭 가장 더운 시기에 열리는 홍콩의 가장 큰 연례행사 중 하나인 북 페어는 보통, 팔과 다리에 엄청난 고통과 함께 구경을 마치게 되는데요.(싼 가격에 밀려오는 충동구매로 마구 사게 됨) 사실, 일반적으로 북 페어에서 판매되는 책들이 생각한 만큼 그렇게 엄청 싸지는 않아요. 물론, 잘 찾아보면 있기는 하지만 그만큼 자세히 둘러봐야하기 때문에 시간이 더 많이 필요한 게 사실이에요.
저는 북 페어에 가면 우선, 읽고 싶다고 생각했던 책들이면서 50%이상 할인을 하고 있을 때만 구입해요.(인터넷 서점을 통해서 할인된 책들을 쉽게 구입할 수가 있거든요.) 그리고 중국어 버전으로 번역된 일본 만화책들도 눈에 띄면 보통 그 자리에서 구입하는 편이에요. 하지만 이번 해에는 책뿐만 아니라 필기구 등의 사무용품과 다이어리들도 관심 있게 살펴봤어요.
01. 文具手帖 06. / A Taiwanese monthly magazine introducing all kinds of news and info about stationery and stationery shop all over the world. HK$118
02. Fangirl / HK$52.25, from Publishers Marketing Ltd
03. Finding Audrey / HK$82.5, from Publishers Marketing Ltd (This is one of my must-visit shop every year in Book Fair. It only sells English books including popular fictions, children books and reference textbooks at quite good deals.)
04. 一個人泡澡 / HK$20. Naoko Takagi (たかぎなおこ) is my favourite Japanese writer / illustrator that I bought nearly all of her books. I usually get the mainland Chinese version which are a lot cheaper and so seriously saving me from broke.
05. 一個人去跑步 ／HK$30. From the same author but it is more like a comic style than an illustrated book.
06. Mayberry Paper Pad / HK$49.3, from Neverland Workshop Limited. Good quality craft paper which is good for wrapping gifts, crafting, and decorating my planners.
07. Amifa Masking Tape / HK$12 each, from CN Square
08. Mildliner / HK$7 each, from Li Tung Book and Stationery Co. Ltd
09. Coffee Shop Masking Tape / HK$15, from individual store
10. Petit Deco Rush / HK$12 each, from PLUS
11. Deco Rush eraser / HK$??, from PLUS. It is an exclusive item which was not launched in any stores in Hong Kong yet, including Log-on.
12. Deco Rush Story Pack / HK$??, from PLUS
Although the expo venue was really packed with kids, teenagers, parents who went crazy for pens and exercise books for their kids, I quite enjoyed searching through shop by shop for my little precious things. I started from Hall 1 (books) then moved to Hall 3 (stationery) but I am thinking to change the visit order for next year as books are always heavier than the stationery bits.
See you next year, Book Fair 2016!